26. juuni - 4. juuli toimub koolitus Gruusias, Bakurianis. Koolitus toob kokku noortejuhid ja noorsootöötajad Eestist, Gruusiast, Suurbritanniast, Moldovast, Aserbaidžaanist, Ukrainast ja Tšehhi vabariigist. Koolituse eesmärgiks on uurida noorte osalusega seotud teemasid ehk seda, kuidas tagada noorte parem kaasatus ja aktiivne osalus erinevate ettevõtmiste puhul. Loe lähemalt altpoolt. Osalemiseks tuleb kontakteeruda Seiklejate.Vennaskond@gmail.com. Kohapeal on toit, majutus ja koolitus tasuta, samuti hüvitatakse 70 % reisikuludest (hetkel on pileti hind ca 270-350 eurot).
This seven-day training course, taking place in Bakuriani, Georgia, from 26 June until 4th July, 2012, will gather 32 youth NGOs workers, youth leaders, youth workers and active young people from 8 country: UK, Georgia, Poland, Moldova, Ukraine, Czech Republic, Estonia, Azerbaijan.
Youth participation and active involvement of young people in local and regional life are one of the key concerns in the European integration process.
"Discover the Power to Act - A Practical Guide for Youth Participation" originated from a need for young people to take a more active role in society. In the current period of austerity, job losses, high unemployment and increasing social issues across Europe, it is vital that young people are not lost in this time of uncertainty. Therefore this project aims to instill a sense of responsibility, belonging and direction for young people and to empower their engagement with democratic processes. This will be achieved through empowering active youth leaders, young people and youth workers by bringing these people together and offering a platform for debate, discussion and creativity. Empowering these people is the first step to tackling the core issues of this project of youth participation.
To develop the participants understanding of the key principles of youth participation;
• To develop a common understanding of participation and explore instruments for its promotion among groups of young people who have fewer opportunities in civil society or youth activities at local and regional level;
• To develop an understanding of the relationship between concepts of citizenship, participation, human rights, democracy and civil society;
• To get familiar with various concepts and methodologies for developing youth initiatives;
• To improve participants’ skills in project-management (related to participation projects);
• To identify the added value of bilateral participation processes between public authorities and youth workers/youth organisations;
• To develop participants’ competence in using the revised European Charter on the Participation of Young People in Local and Regional Life /publication of Council of Europe/
• To encourage exchange of good practices on building and management of youth participation projects;
• To develop new tools and ideas for following up and developing existing projects.
The following elements will be tackled by the training:
- Concept of civil society and democracy;
- Active participation and democratic education;
- European Charter on Youth Participation on local and regional level;
- Current needs and project development analysis;
- Developing project ideas for youth initiatives.
The training course fits into the priorities and objectives of the Youth in Action Programme. The project will contribute to young people’s active citizenship and their European citizenship in particular and will promote European cooperation. Moreover, it will promote recognition of non-formal education. Bridging and linking youth participation with rural development will give additional and advanced tools in addressing challenges faced in each country/community and global challenges; will assist in raising awareness and mobilizing young people around those issues. It is directed to creating possibilities for enhancing the prospect for long-term collaboration.
Eesti osalejad: Henry, Elo, Elen, Heleri