22.-29. aprill toimub Edessas, Kreekas noortevahetus, mille teemaks on kultuuride vaheline õpe ja kultuuriline identiteet. Projekti on oodatud osalema teemast huvitatud 18-25 aastased noored. Kohal on lisaks Eestile ka noored Kreekast, Itaaliast, Poolast, Bulgaariast ja Hispaaniast. Osalemine projektis on tasuta (majutus, söök, tegevused kohapeal), ise tuleb alguses osta piletid, millest 70 % saab tagasi. Hetkel on odavaim variant lennata Riiast, piletid Thessalonikisse on edasi-tagasi 265 € (Turkish airlines'iga, tasuta ööbimine mõlemal suunal Istanbulis) - seega omakulu on ca 80 € . Kui lennata Turkish airlines'iga on vajalik pass. Kandideerimiseks tuleb ära täita ANKEET enne 31.03.2014 (kaasa arvatud).
In every country there are some words used that cannot be translated or explained in different cultural contexts. This happens because these words have a very special and strong cultural background, a fact that makes
them quite “unique”. In order to understand their meaning, someone needs to understand first the cultural elements hidden behind them. And that’s why it’s really hard, even for experts, to translate and interpret them. In the project “Spread the Word, Feel the World”, participants will
make a research in finding such words in their countries/communities and cultural contexts, share, present them and elaborate on cultural diversity and citizenship through multiple discussions, workshops, games and activities. Once the national cultures are presented and explored, participants are going to emphasize on the European culture and its aspects.
Some important objectives of the project are:
- to reflect on participants' own cultural identity
- to experience intercultural learning and getting connected through identifying similarities and differences with other young Europeans with different cultural backgrounds
- to develop self-confidence, creative and critical thinking and overcome their fear of expressing feelings and opinions
- to adopt attitudes of mutual understanding, tolerance and solidarity towards cultural differences in order to build social cohesion within the EU
- to discuss and reflect on European culture and point out the importance of participation in the European Parliament Elections 2014
- to develop social, personal, group-work skills and the ability to work collectively in an inter-cultural environment.